Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yesterday I took Easton to the park with my sister Jill. I think everyone thinks we are lesbians when we go out together because we've got this little boy and then me being pregnant. Sometimes we hold hands just to throw people off. Anyways...back to the park. Are there just some days when you can't handle people? Easton was playing on the slide and this guy was there with his kid. He kept coming closer and closer to where Jill and I were. Finally he came over and proceeded to tell me about all the dangers of playground equipment and how I need to watch Easton. Are you serious? He talked to me for at least 15 minutes. Jill sneaked off so she didn't have to listen. Thanks a lot. He told how his kid fell off the playground set and cracked his head open and then proceeded to tell me about his experience at InstaCare and blah-blah-blah. I was spacing in and out because I really didn't care. I'm so rude but hey, my kid is coordinated and hasn't fallen off the playground stuff. Then he showed me the kid's scar on his head and I was done. I excused myself to where Jill and Easton were and as I was walking over there this little kid came running straight toward me. I was thinking, "Is this little guy going to stop?". Nope. He didn't. He ran straight into my belly. I tried to stop him but he got me and it hurt. And then his mom was over there laughing thinking he was so cute. Then she wanted to know how often we came and what time, etc. I was like, "Are you serious?". "Your kid just ran full throttle into my belly." I gave Jill a look and we both decided we had had enough of the park for one day. Good times.

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

Funny! You'll have to tell me what park that was and when NOT to go! People are weird, aren't they?