American Idol here I come! Well, I came close to getting there yesterday at work. Let me explain. I went to work (I work at Wells Fargo on Main Street...the big glass building). There was this line of people wrapped around the building. Most of the people were normal looking except the guy wearing the bunny suit and some girls were dressed like hookers. There was also a lot of security. I didn't really think anything of it. Channel 2 is in our building so I thought something must be going with them. Well come to find out that American Idol is holding the final Salt Lake tryouts in our building. So after an investigation we found out that Ryan Seacrest would be leaving the building at 11:30am and then all the judges would be arriving at 12:30pm. So me and some gals from the office decided to see if we could catch a glimpse. We went down to the lobby and pretended we were just walking around. A group of people came off the elevator and we thought we had missed Ryan but he was in the middle...he is just to little to see. He was probably my height and weighed about 100 pounds. He was really nice though and stopped to take pictures with some girls that were by us. Of course he only took pictures with the girls that were smaller than him. After that we came back down and a limo pulled up and out comes Randy Jackson. He just hurried past us and went up the elevator. Then Paula came in a limo but when they went to open the door, she shut it. I think she was still figuring out what city she was in. She got out and is the littlest thing. She is really pretty but was completely disoriented and out of it. No surprise there. She didn't really talk to anyone either. Then Simon came and for some reason I went crazy. I usually don't get starstruck but for some reason I started screaming. I ran outside to where he was walking in and he was giving hugs to people. I asked for one and he said, looking at my belly, "I hope its not mine." Then he gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. I also got my picture taken with him. He was so nice. He stopped to talk to everyone and he is really good looking. Then the American Idol producers had us all scream that "Salt Lake loves Simon." Who knows if we will get any airtime but if we do that will be sweet. Too bad I didn't get ready. Easton was up all night so I just pulled my hair back and of course I look like a tank. Oh well...that is the closest I'll ever come to American Idol.


6 comments:
That is too funny!! I love the pictures of you and Simon....if only you had been able to squeeze one of his pecks.....Tyler and I think he has had peck implants. Maybe next time, I'm sure he wouldn't mind!!
Paula is soo skinny!!! You should of tried out? Miss wanna be Celine Dion!!!!
What a cool thing to have happen! I can't say I've had a brush with fame on that level before.
Kellie, What a Fun memory I love the way you write I felt like I was there with you screaming...I love it..! How exciting..Love ya ..Brooke
Hey You!! I saw your blog on Jamies so I thought I'd check it out. You are hilarious, I'm so mad I missed Simon. I was there with Brooke my sis in law, she made the cut and invited 5 people to go with her for the final cuts and I was lucky enough to go with her. All I wanted was to see Simon, I love him!! Well I'm so excited for ya with the new baby coming, glad you guys are doing well!
Holy crap! I totally thought you had Photoshopped yourself into that or something and then I realized it was real!
So cool!
Post a Comment