Oh my goodness...Easton has hit the terrible two's. And he is only 19 months! I was attributing his behavior to an ear infection he had over the weekend but now I'm thinking this might be the beginning of that "lovely" stage. He is now refusing to eat his food. He has never had a huge appetite and so we would just feed him all day long. But now he has started to "chipmunk" his food. He keeps it all in his left cheek because he knows I won't put more food in there to that is gone. He will walk around for an hour with all this food in his cheek and refusing to swallow. I decided maybe it was time to put him back in the high chair. On Monday night me and him had an all out battle to eat some pudding. He kept hitting my hand everytime I came near his mouth. I was covered in pudding. He was covered in pudding. But I was not letting him out of the chair. After an hour he finally conceded and had one more bite of the pudding.
To add to the eating fiascos, he is now chucking things across the room when he doesn't get his way. Last night I got hit by his bottle. His dad taught him how to throw and so he stands there like a little pitcher, winds up and throws whatever he can at me when he is mad. I'm telling you, this kid has an arm. Needless to say we've been in timeout a lot this week. But then I can't help but laugh after I close the door for timeout. Plus he is pretty dang cute. Some of the tantrums he pulls are pretty funny. I hope this is normal behavior and that my child is not some demon! If anyone has any suggestions on the eating problems, I would appreciate it! I've resorted to instant breakfasts just to give him some calories!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So here's what I've learned. Power struggles don't get you anywhere. And they're toxic for your relationship.
We had the same problem with H. We finally started letting her skip meals, but then held her off until the next one. I also started backing off a little on the snack, milk and juice quantities we were giving her throughout the day for a little while. Worked like a charm.
I firmly believe kids know how much they need and that it's not as much as we think. As long as those small quantities are the right KIND of stuff.
Post a Comment