Monday, January 28, 2008

I just wanted to say a few things about the passing of President Hinckley. When my mom called to let me know last night...we were watching "Phantom of the Opera" and so weren't watching the local news...I was in shock. I was sad at first but then you can't help but be happy for him. He is finally with his wife and parents. What a reunion. I bet the celebration when he arrived was awesome. I have always been really impressed by President Hinckley. He is just so good and last night as I was thinking about his legacy I realized I need to start doing better. I think I kind of coast along and I need to start doing more. I pulled this quote from his first conference address as the Prophet and this going to be my motto for the year.

"This is a time to be strong. It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow. It is a time to be found keeping the commandments. It is a season to reach out with kindness and love to those in distress and to those who are wandering in darkness and pain. It is a time to be considerate and good, decent and courteous toward one another in all our relationships. In other words, to become more Christlike."


I just feel like time is getting short and as you see the world getting more and more wicked, it just helps to believe in good. Not only to believe it...but live it! Thank you President Hinckley for all that you have done. What a life you have led!




No comments: