Thursday, February 7, 2008

Where has this week gone! I can't believe it is already Thursday. It is not like I have been super-busy either. So just some updates...we finally finished Easton's room. Justin came up with the idea to buy these tabletops and then we made balls out of them. And then I painted them...look at me being all crafty. Grandma Karla cut out the lettering so we are now finished with one room in our house. They turned out pretty cute. (see up top.)

Since me and Justin have been married, our lives and our homes have been in a remodeling stage. I guess that comes with each decision and change to our lives. New jobs, what to do with school, kids, etc. We are close to getting the basement done and then we are both done with major renovations. It is time for Justin to focus on school and not have to worry about renovating an entire house which he has done on both of the homes we've lived in plus a house he flipped. I'm so grateful that I have a hubby who is so handy but he is worn out and I'm tired of living in a construction zone. I need order. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I found out last week that I might be losing my job so that was not so good. My boss got called to be a mission president and is leaving in April. I am excited for him but now unsure about my job. It all depends on how they structure the office and who they hire to replace him. My position is one that they can do without and I realize that I get paid good money to be a "party planner". I'm not that worried about it, which is odd, because I should be terrified seeing as I am our sole source of income. I guess I will start worrying when I know exactly what is going on. No use losing sleep over it right now.

2 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very cute for Easton's room! What a great idea to use table tops--lucky that you and your hubby are crafty. Sorry about the job thing--I'm sure everything will work out the way it's supposed to. We should go to lunch and I'd love to come see your house with all the renovations!

hendricks14 said...

Happy Valentines! I am so impressed that you are tapping into that creative side. The balls look adorable. I can't wait to see your new house!