Friday, January 18, 2008

Playing Prom

I was downloading some pictures and I ran across this one. Justin and I got invited to a murder mystery dinner last month. Justin was a 1920s baseball player and I was the owner of a club...well really I was in charge of a bunch of hookers. I had to wear a fancy dress and I must admit I had to much fun getting all dolled up. I went over to my mom's house and got all of Jill's prom dresses...she went to a lot more dances than I did. I think she went to every dance. Those are the perks of having a boyfriend all through high school. Anyways, every time she went, I would get so jealous because she got all these fun dresses. The two fancy dances I went too, my mom made me rent my dress. Who rents a prom dress? I think about that now I think that is kind of funny. Of course that is just my luck. I was the first child and the one my mom tried everything out on. Then she realized how dorky I was and fixed things for Jill.



Anyways, I pulled out about four or five dresses and then started trying them. I had so much fun. Ummm, here I am 30 years old and putting on evening gowns. I didn't care. First of all, I was just happy I could fit in them! And second, I wanted to feel like a princess. It is not very often I have the chance to get all dressed up so I was going to relish it. I picked this black little number. Then I went to Jamie to borrow all her jewelry. She has all my Grandma's old jewelry. Big old rings and brooches. Too fun. So I like to pretend that this is my prom picture. Ignore my hair though. I was going for a 1920s type look and now that my hair is short there is not a whole lot I can do with it. I also like this because I never got to see Justin play baseball and I must say he looks pretty dang good. Good times!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Good for you guys getting out! That's so fun that you had the opportunity to do that! You look great!