Monday, January 29, 2007

One Eyed Kira

So our family had a little trauma the past week, actually Kira had the trauma. We had to remove her left eye due to blindness. Apparently she had contracted glaucoma and it had blinded her within four hours. We had to remove the eye because it feels like a constant migraine and she was not happy. Her surgery happened on Friday and she is doing great. Acts like nothing is wrong at all which is amazing considering she lost an eye. It has been amazing to watch her bounce back after just a couple of days. I know if I lost my eye I would never leave the house! Animals are amazing. They can adapt to anything and seem to take things as they come which I guess we could all learn a lesson from. Now, the real test will be to see if her other eye can hang in there. We are trying not to think about that scenario and will deal with it as it comes. But for right now we are enjoying having our Kira back.


Here is a picture of her right before the surgery. Her left eye was clouded over and you could tell there was something going on.

And here are the lovely after shots. It takes a minute to get used too. Even though she has a perma-wink, I'm glad we did it. Justin wanted to put her down, but I think we should have put him down! She's part of our family!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL on Justin!

Poor Kira!!! So glad you didn't put her down. And glad she's out of pain. Hope that other eye holds out . . .