Justin gave us the tour of where he lives and we met all his roomies. It is a nice place...a little messy...but what do you do when five boys are living together. Justin is actually the cleanest one if you can believe that. So we spent Thursday hanging out and catching up. They have a great outlet mall across the street from Justin so of course we had to hit that.
We spent a day at the beach and then at the zoo. Easton didn't like the waves and wasn't really into the animals. He loves ducks so we said we could have just stayed at the hotel and bought a loaf of bread. The ducks out there are fearless. They follow you right to your car!
The vacation went so fast and before we knew it, it was Sunday night and we had to get up at 5am to catch a 7am flight. I felt nervous all morning and Justin was a mess. I don't get nervous to fly and something was telling me not to get on the flight. Well we didn't have to worry because we didn't make it on. We were flying standby and the flight was sold out. Justin had already left on a bus, so I had to rent a car again and see if we could get one more night at our hotel. It all worked and I think Heavenly Father knew Justin needed just one more day. We both did! So we spent a great day together and then we were able to fly out Tuesday morning.
This time has been harder in terms of missing Justin. I think I had gotten into a mode without him and was doing ok but after seeing him, it makes me realize how much I miss him. I also have a new respect for all he does for our family. Having to cut the lawns and do all the "manly" stuff, makes me realize how much he does for our family. He is doing such a good job out there and I have seen a difference in him. He is more confident with himself and even a little more outgoing. He is also focused which is a lot for Justin. He and Easton have the smallest attention span! So even though this experience has been way hard it has been good for our marriage. We are nicer to one another and realize how much the other one does. So now all I need to do is hang in there for two more months!
No comments:
Post a Comment