Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our child has been replaced by someone else. We went to Cancun and came back to a kid who is definately in his terrible twos! Easton has always had a problem with hitting when he is mad. We finally got him to stop for a couple of months but now it is back and in full force. He hits his mommy, daddy and even layed one on Grandma Dixie. The other day, Justin was holding him and Easton just stared him in the eyes and shook his fists at him. So we have been spending a lot of time in time out. He is good the majority of the time but when he doesn't want to do something...look out. I know he has a lot of my temper in him, the stubborn little guy. This past Sunday at church he was being difficult so Justin stuck him under the bench with his blanket. That has proven to calm him down before. Well about 20 minutes went by and he was unusually quiet. Justin reached under and pulled him up. Lo and behold the kid had a wad of green gum stuck to his forehead and was chewing on a piece of stale gum. We were laughing so hard. It is moments like this that make the terrible twos bearable!

1 comment:

Laurie D. said...

I can totally relate. Our four-year-old is driving me crazy right now. I'm starting to lose my mind and wonder what I'm doing wrong as a parent. Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas. Good luck.