We are back from Cancun! But before I get to all of that, an exciting piece of information. We had our ultrasound this morning and we are having a ... Girl! Justin is in shock and I can't wait to start shopping. I'm sorry, but girl clothes are just so much cuter! We are very excited. I'm sure Easton will be rough with her but then again she will probably end up being a tom-boy. Her and Easton have to share a room and right now it is decorated with baseballs and basketballs. We might have to rethink the decor in there. Everything look good so it is time to start thinking pink!
We returned from Cancun this week. It was hard to leave. I'm telling laying on the beach and being waited on hand and foot is something you can get used to pretty quickly. Easton stayed with Justin's parents and was spoiled rotten. We know he is a busy boy and we appreciate them taking on the task of watching him. His aunt Jillby also took care of Kira and Fishie which we were so thankful for. We took Easton over the night before because we had an early flight. He is pretty good when we leave but this time he knew something was up. He would not let go of Justin and when we finally left, he was sobbing. Heartbreaker! Karla said it took about 45 minutes for him to calm down. We were sad to leave him but once we got to Cancun we realized it would of been too hard to take him with us. It is not exactly kid-friendly. Plus, me and Justin needed a little together time. We stayed in a place where all the food was inclusive. You had five restaurants to choose from. We ate our heads off. I swear, everything revolved around food. Big breakfast in the morning and then we would go to the pool and of course they are serving food down there so of course you have to eat something. Then lunch and dinner and late night ice cream. It was nice being pregnant for that reason because I could go overboard on the eating and not feel too bad about it. Every night the hotel put on a show in their theater. They a "Cirque de Soleil" show the first night and the second night was Michael Jackson. Yes...a spanish Michael Jackson. It was hilarious. This guy looked a lot like him and had all the moves down. They did his videos and it was complete with dancers and everything. We were dying because it was so funny! We spent most of the time at the pool and the beach. Justin and my dad are fish and spent every moment in the ocean trying to bodysurf. We also went to this place called Xacaret which is like a zoo but it has these underground rivers that you float through. That was neat to be floating through a cave. I felt like I was in "Goonies". It was a very relaxing trip. I couldn't do too much. The ocean had some big waves so Justin and Dad got on either side of me to hold me up so I wouldn't get knocked down. I think I was in the ocean for maybe five minutes total. We almost lost Dixie as she tried to make her way into the ocean and kept getting knocked down. Then she would start laughing. My dad was trying to drag her to shore and this other guy saw the dilemna and ran down to help. They finally dragged her up onto the beach with everyone on the beach laughing at the spectacle.
Justin tried to find something that I could do. They found this snorkeling tour where they take you out on boats and then drop you off and go snorkeling. Justin and my dad got it all set up and I was excited to go because my activities were really limited. I had my life jacket on and then I see this guy talking to Justin in spanish and then Justin just gives me this sad look. Apparently, they were not boats they took you out on but jetskis and they didn't allow pregnant ladies. I wish they would have told us that when we signed up. I was bummed. I started crying. It wasn't a big deal but I think my hormones got the best of me because it looked so fun. So here I am crying and all these little Spanish guys come up and are trying to comfort me. I finally calmed down and me and my mom stayed back and hit the pool instead.
During that week we had called Easton when we got there. Wrong thing to do. As soon as he heard our voices, he started crying and then we started crying. Towards the end of the trip, we called just to check in but not talk to him. We missed him a ton but had a fun time reconnecting with one another. It was nice to just have some one-on-one time since life is so busy and your kids become the center of everything.
We returned from Cancun this week. It was hard to leave. I'm telling laying on the beach and being waited on hand and foot is something you can get used to pretty quickly. Easton stayed with Justin's parents and was spoiled rotten. We know he is a busy boy and we appreciate them taking on the task of watching him. His aunt Jillby also took care of Kira and Fishie which we were so thankful for. We took Easton over the night before because we had an early flight. He is pretty good when we leave but this time he knew something was up. He would not let go of Justin and when we finally left, he was sobbing. Heartbreaker! Karla said it took about 45 minutes for him to calm down. We were sad to leave him but once we got to Cancun we realized it would of been too hard to take him with us. It is not exactly kid-friendly. Plus, me and Justin needed a little together time. We stayed in a place where all the food was inclusive. You had five restaurants to choose from. We ate our heads off. I swear, everything revolved around food. Big breakfast in the morning and then we would go to the pool and of course they are serving food down there so of course you have to eat something. Then lunch and dinner and late night ice cream. It was nice being pregnant for that reason because I could go overboard on the eating and not feel too bad about it. Every night the hotel put on a show in their theater. They a "Cirque de Soleil" show the first night and the second night was Michael Jackson. Yes...a spanish Michael Jackson. It was hilarious. This guy looked a lot like him and had all the moves down. They did his videos and it was complete with dancers and everything. We were dying because it was so funny! We spent most of the time at the pool and the beach. Justin and my dad are fish and spent every moment in the ocean trying to bodysurf. We also went to this place called Xacaret which is like a zoo but it has these underground rivers that you float through. That was neat to be floating through a cave. I felt like I was in "Goonies". It was a very relaxing trip. I couldn't do too much. The ocean had some big waves so Justin and Dad got on either side of me to hold me up so I wouldn't get knocked down. I think I was in the ocean for maybe five minutes total. We almost lost Dixie as she tried to make her way into the ocean and kept getting knocked down. Then she would start laughing. My dad was trying to drag her to shore and this other guy saw the dilemna and ran down to help. They finally dragged her up onto the beach with everyone on the beach laughing at the spectacle.
Justin tried to find something that I could do. They found this snorkeling tour where they take you out on boats and then drop you off and go snorkeling. Justin and my dad got it all set up and I was excited to go because my activities were really limited. I had my life jacket on and then I see this guy talking to Justin in spanish and then Justin just gives me this sad look. Apparently, they were not boats they took you out on but jetskis and they didn't allow pregnant ladies. I wish they would have told us that when we signed up. I was bummed. I started crying. It wasn't a big deal but I think my hormones got the best of me because it looked so fun. So here I am crying and all these little Spanish guys come up and are trying to comfort me. I finally calmed down and me and my mom stayed back and hit the pool instead.
During that week we had called Easton when we got there. Wrong thing to do. As soon as he heard our voices, he started crying and then we started crying. Towards the end of the trip, we called just to check in but not talk to him. We missed him a ton but had a fun time reconnecting with one another. It was nice to just have some one-on-one time since life is so busy and your kids become the center of everything.
So now we are back and it is back to reality. I love being home but a part of me wishing I was still in my lounge chair, drinking a cherry coke and reading a book...instead of doing the laundry! Here are some memorable moments:
- Justin being offered cocaine five times at the flea market.
- Gregg wheeling and dealing with the store owners so we could get the best price on a soccer jersey for Easton. We would be in one store and Gregg would come in with two other offers.
- Eating pancakes and eggs for breakfast every morning!
- Me and my mom almost getting hit by a bus.
- My dad talking to everyone...you would of thought he was a little Spanish man. Of course, Justin had to do the translating.
- Justin breaking his boogey board in half after riding the waves.
- Watching my husband excel with his Spanish. It was fun to see him use the language.
- Me being the only pregnant tourist down there...and the only redhead...yes people...I look at recognize those things.
- My dad getting yelled at in the Customs line in SLC. Everyone was so nice in Mexico and then you get back to the States and everyone is rude!
- Being thankful for all the many luxuries we have here in the U.S.
- Getting told to be quiet on the jungle tour at Xcaret and then we all started laughing because we couldn't be quiet.
- Jill and Jamie jetskiing in the ocean and Jill driving like a crazy woman. She flipped Jamie off and we didn't think she would be able to get back on.
- Taking a bus to meet a tour bus to go to Xcaret. While on the first bus, the guy stopped and told us to follow him into this store. Gregg was convinced we were all going to be sold into slavery.
Here are some pictures from the trip...I don't know how to do that slide show feature...if anyone can clue me in I would appreciate it!
Easton helping me pack

First day there and we head to the beach...sorry pic is blurry!
Our first full day there it rained until about 4pm...so we headed over the local mall
Waiting for the rain to stop
The rain has stopped...beach time!

Every room had a jacuzzi. That was nice!
Our day at Xcaret...my sister Jamie is thrilled to be there.

Watching Jill and Justin go on the snorkeling tour while I stay on the dock...alone...unable to go because I am with child.
Me and Jill drinking out of our "sippy cups"

The seductive flower pose
On our way home!

1 comment:
Yeah! I'm so excited you're having a girl, congrats! They are SO fun, if a little dramatic. Your trip looked like a blast and I love your cute little tummy!
Post a Comment